[Libreoffice-qa] Request: (Links to) Impress files for testing repair feature

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 14:09:14 PST 2013

On 02/04/2013 09:27 AM, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> On 02/04/2013 06:05 AM, Muthu Subramanian K wrote:

>> I was trying to fix it by avoiding that annoying dialog and opening the
>> pptx cleanly, but unfortunately, I don't know the 'repair' functionality
>> of LibreOffice much and I don't want to break existing 'fix/repair'
>> functionality.
>
> It's likely an issue with the type detection process, which I've
> reworked during 3.6 cycle.  So it's probably best if I look into this
> since I know this code.

This commit

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=709f6ba6ae5d2b5461136595a2469bf1fe32ccff

should fix the bogus repair dialog popup during import of xlsx/docx/pptx
documents posing as xls/doc/ppt.

>> It would be really helpful, if somebody shares (link(s) to) slide
>> deck(s) (ppt and/or pptx and/or odp), which (is actually broken and)
>> when opened with LibreOffice shows the repair dialog and actually fixes
>> the slides.
>
> It's simple to create a test document.  Save any pptx document, and
> change its extension to ppt.  Anyways, the type detection process is
> supposed to disregard the extension when trying to determine its format
> type, so there is something wrong there.

Ah, sorry I mis-read your original request.  You are asking for a
*really* broken document to test with, not one that can reproduce this
incident.  Yeah, that would be nice to have indeed, as I'm also curious
to see how (well) our repair code works.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc