Using Symphony Code

Samuel Mehrbrodt s.mehrbrodt at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 07:34:58 PST 2013

Hi,

as I wanted to include the Clip Art from Symphony in LibreOffice, I
stumbled about the license [1].

I then asked on the OpenOffice Dev Mailing List [2] and got the answer,
that Symphony is provided under this [3] license (It's not the Apache
license).
Rob Weir advised me to ask here whether this license is acceptable for us.

Now, what is best? Is there a problem with the License Symphony has? Can
we integrate Symphony Code in LibreOffice? Or should we rather wait
until Apache integrates the Code and then take it from there (Apache
License)?

Samuel

[1]
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Libreoffice-ux-advise-Symphony-Clip-Art-td4034565.html
[2] markmail.org/thread/6lazeydgbdy52eqs
[3] http://www.apache.org/licenses/cla-corporate.txt