build development environment

timllloyd tim.lloyd at gmx.com
Tue Feb 5 20:26:34 PST 2013

Hi Miklos, Eike & Jose for your help so far. I have taken your suggestions on
board but still the gstreamer problem persists.

Firstly, Jose's excellent idea of a pre-install script. This ran through the
yum component but I got an error

./pre-install.sh: line 58: [: ==: unary operator expected
mkdir: missing operand
Try 'mkdir --help' for more information.

pre-install.sh
<http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/file/n4034740/pre-install.sh>

I have attached pre-install.sh just in case I downloaded incorrectly. Line
58 reads:

if [ $clonedir == "" ]; then

Anyway, I figured that should have installed all dependencies so I ran the
"git clone..." manually.

I dropped down in to the libo directory and tried ./autogen.sh.
Unfortunately I got the same errors with libgstreamer.

So now I am moving away from LO territory and into Fedora land. I posted a
question on the fedora forum but no response. Yet. Any ideas whether there
is a special repo for libgstreamer? I found an rpm which will install this:

http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/fedora/18/i386/g/gstreamer-0.10.36-2.fc18.i686.html
<http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/fedora/18/i386/g/gstreamer-0.10.36-2.fc18.i686.html>

Does this look like it would do the trick? I am a bit nervous about
installing things which did not come from the obvious (yum) channel.

Thanks for your patience