Improving PDF editing in Draw - a crowdfunded approach

Beluga todventtu at suomi24.fi
Thu Feb 7 01:01:09 PST 2013

I am interested in starting micro-crowdfunding campaigns, in the role of a
user, for the general and gradual improvement of PDF editing in Draw. What is
needed is for a willing developer to create an initial enhancement-bug entry or
entries, which can be then linked to from FreedomSponsors: http://www.freedomsponsors.org/

I would make the first pledge(s), spread the word and then we would see how
much interest there is in the user community.

I think this approach of first creating clearly separated tasks might be better
and easier to follow than for example the approach taken by this GIMP/GEGL
campaign: http://www.freedomsponsors.org/core/issue/78/add-other-samplers-that-properly-reduce-downsample-and-warp-images

My dream is of course that some day there would exist an open PDF editing tool
rivaling the likes of Acrobat, NitroPDF and Foxit Advanced Editor.