Linux Mint Maya 32bit master build - failed native mysql driver connection

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Thu Feb 7 05:40:05 PST 2013

On 07/02/13 09:39, Alex Thurgood wrote:
> More grief with mysql connector, this time on Linu :
>
> Attempting to connect to a previously working native mysql connected ODB
> file now throws the following error with build :
>
> Version 4.1.0.0.alpha0+ (Build ID: 5bf437cd67d5fe2e4353069969cd99cc48e6573)
>

> The connection to the data source "New Database5" could not be established.
>
> SQL Status: 08001
>
> libmysqlcppconn.so is invalid: missing the driver factory function.
>
> In the list of extensions, the connector appears as registered and
> functioning (no error indication in the UI).
>
> My build uses the --with-system-mysql switch
>
> More gbuildification issues ?

apparently that's the case, hopefully fixed with
8960f0de2e8b957f383ec659b308cc459dcf475b.

at least now i get the following unsurprising error (since there's no
server running):

SQL Status: HY000
Error code: 2003

Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (111

thanks for testing this, and please try if it works now :)