SOLVED: Issues building LibreOffice 4.0.0.1

Henrik /KaarPoSoft henrik at kaarposoft.dk
Sat Feb 9 02:37:27 PST 2013

On 01/29/2013 09:31 PM, Henrik /KaarPoSoft wrote:
> On 01/29/2013 01:53 PM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:

>> So I just ran into a problem with a libreoffice-4-0-0 build of mine on
>> Mac OS X whose symptoms looked very much like the above, expanding LO
>> bootstrap variables ($UserInstallation from bootstraprc in my case) to
>> pathnames that were oddly truncated.  I tracked that down to bad calls
>> to putenv (the code to expand bootstrap variables in
>> sal/rtl/source/bootstrap.cxx tries to obtain values for that variables
>> via getenv, among others, so it is susceptible to problems resulting
>> from a broken environment), see
>> <http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=d841273ba54b173020aa8da18ba7841cf950c13c>
>>
>> "Do not call putenv with a temporary string argument."
>>
>> While that fix is in Mac OS X specific code (so cannot be the cause of
>> your Linux problems), there are more calls to putenv in the LO code
>> base, and some of the might be broken in a similar way.
>>
>> Stephan

I have applied the attached patch to my build.
Some of the changes are just quick-and-dirty, and leaking.
However, with those patches strace does not show any oddly truncated
lines, and LibreOffice continues a bit longer before dying on me (but I
will address this in another subject).

Thank you very much for your help!

/Henrik