Switching to 4.0 Branch

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at suse.cz
Wed Feb 20 00:54:22 PST 2013

Hi Joel,

> I've made a couple simple patches for 4.1 master but see no reason
> why they can't be in 4.0.1 when it's released. How do I go about
> changing branch and then resubmitting patch for 4.0 (and then of
> course go back to 4.1 master).

Once they are in master, you can do:

git log # note the sha1 of the commits you want to submit to 4-0
git branch libreoffice-4-0 origin/libreoffice-4-0 # create the branch, possibly you need logerrit/, not origin/
git checkout libreoffice-4-0
git cherry-pick -x <sha1> # for each change
# build and runtime-test
git push libreoffice-4-0:refs/for/libreoffice-4-0
git checkout master # go back to master

More here:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/gerrit/SubmitPatch

Please make sure you only cherry-pick bugfixes, feature commits should
be master-only.

Hope this helps,

Miklos