[Libreoffice-commits] core.git: desktop/source

julien2412 serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Wed Feb 20 07:25:58 PST 2013

Lubos Lunak wrote
>  Sorry, I did not realize that = { 0 } actually clears the rest of the
> array.
> And I do not quite understand why clearing an entire array is supposed to
> be
> a good way to initialize it when just setting the last one to 0 is enough.
>> Why "pReceiveBuffer[nBytes-1] = 0;" would need to stay?
>
>  If I'm reading the code correctly, "nBytes-1" is not the position after
> the
> read data, but the last read item. Which should mean that the repeated
> recv()
> may rewrite all the 0's from the initialization. That rather begs the
> question why it changes the last read item instead of terminating it, so
> the
> code may have been already broken to begin with.

I thought it could be interesting to put together declaration and
initialization so we're sure we won't have some side effects (I thought it
could be more clean too).
To be honest, I thought too it was a very straightforward patch, so i pushed
it on master instead of having submitted for gerrit review. Obviously, I was
wrong.

For the second part of your message, I really don't know.

Again, don't hesitate to tell me if I must revert this commit.

Julien