problem regarding setting up with gerrit

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 08:40:17 PST 2013

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 9:53 AM, Prashant Pandey
<prashant3.yishu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to setup myself with gerrit by following up the instructions in
> the documentation proveided on :
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/gerrit/setup
>
> I have successfully setup the ssh key pair, and uploaded the public key in
> preferences. I've also created config as mentioned on the page.
>
> But the issue is, when I try to test the connection (in the LibO git
> directory), by doing : 'ssh logerrit', following is the message I get :
>
> elixir at ubuntu:~/lo$ ssh logerrit
> Permission denied (publickey).
>
> How should I proceed in this case. Any help shall be highly appreciable !

That means that there is a disconnect between what you told ssh in ~/.ssh/config
and what gerrit knows

For instance, did you tell gerrit (in your Setting on gerrit's web)
what is your username (that must match the username you set in
~/.ssh/config for logerrit)
did you place you ublic ssh key in gerrit (again in Stting)... did you
do it correclty (cut-and-paste cand sometime mess up things)
is the IdentityFile in the logerrit section in ~/.ssh/config point to
the private key assocaited with the public key you uploaded in you
gerrit profile ?
did you forget the Port 29418 in ~/.ssh/config ?

Norbert