Gerrit bot slow?

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 02:24:09 PST 2013

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 5:51 PM, Peter Foley <pefoley2 at verizon.net> wrote:
> All,
>
> I noticed that recently the Gerrit bot seems to take a while to pick up on a
> revision to a patch.
> When it was first being used it seemed to take only a minute or two at most,
> whereas now it can take 30 minutes or a hour.
> Is something messed up?

1.  there is no automatic 'pick-up' but there was someone that
actually ran a command to 'schedule' a build
2. there is only 3 machines behind it all. one gentoo, one Mac OSX
10.8 and one windows... the later not only take typically between 50
to 75 minutes to build.. but also do regular tinderbox duty.. so even
when scheduled it can take a while before a build is started...
3. finally there is only 1 box of each platform so... if there are
more than one patch to build test.. thing queu-up

We are working at bringing more hardware online... and then to make
the build verification more general.

Norbert