[libreoffice-users] Re: Vector Graphics in PDF--more

Fernand Vanrie sos at pmgroup.be
Thu Feb 28 23:35:40 PST 2013

Doug ,
> On 02/28/2013 04:08 PM, Doug wrote:

>>> The problem, it seems to me, is that Word Processor packages are not
>>> really built to handle "vector" graphics.
>>>
>>> Could you tell us why you need the PDF file to not have any
>>> "conversion" to "raster. . ." when creating a PDF file?
>>>
>>> I tend to have the vector graphics opened in Inkscape [or similar]
>>> and export the image to PNG, GIF, or JPG, that LO can use.  I almost
>>> never try to include vector graphics in a text document. It just
>>> never works out.
>>>
>> I assume you can save your vector graphics file that you made in a
>> cad program in some format like .dwg or .dxf, so why not just attach
>> it to your LO/OO message?
the key for SVG is INKSCAPE , there you can convert als sort of vector
and very important also PDF to SVG , it make since to open a unknown SVG
in InkScape an to resave, to have better, less Complex SVG. The insert
the Graphic  in Writer 4.0 who handles this graphic as a full vector and
export it to PDF also.
Before 4.0 (3.6) we needed to import SVG in Draw and the to copy the
"shape" into Writer
I send you private a test SVG  with als sort of stuff to control .

Greetz

Fernand