Extending Dictionaries

Petr Mladek pmladek at suse.cz
Thu Jan 3 06:27:04 PST 2013

Samuel Mehrbrodt píše v Čt 03. 01. 2013 v 13:59 +0100:
> Hi,
>
> I have some words I would like to add to the German dictionary. Where is
> the best place to do this?

Sounds great.

The fastest way would be to create patch against the dictionary sources
and send it to this mailing list for review. You might find the last
version at
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/dictionaries/tree/de/de_DE_frami.dic
Then it could be quickly integrated and used in next builds.

The easiest way would be to send the words to Bjoern Jacke
<bjoern at j3e.de> and Franz Michael Baumann <fm.baumann at uni-muenster.de>.
They are listed as authors of the German dictionary extension and
could update the original sources that are bundled with LO.

You should contact the authors anyway to make sure that the change is
not lost by update to a newer dictionary version.

Best Regards,
Petr