how to submit a patch set 2 (or greater) to gerrit?

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at suse.cz
Thu Jan 3 10:46:25 PST 2013

Hi Winfried,

On Thu, Jan 03, 2013 at 04:50:46PM +0100, Winfried Donkers <W.Donkers at dci-electronics.nl> wrote:
> For some time now I submit via gerrit and no longer to the dev-list with an attached patch.
> I submit with ./logerrit submit, as described in https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development#Using_Git_for_LibreOffice_development
>
> I can't work out how to update a submitted patch.
> I tried ./logerrit resubmit, but that resulted in a second separate gerrit change (see https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/1533/ and https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/1278/).
>
> The git push etc. lines in the documentation pages on gerrit.libreoffice.org scare me more than that they help me (my fault, I know).
>
> Is someone willing to try to explain it to me in simple terms, preferably with the above patch as an example?

If you in general submit patches in a fire-and-forget way (so you no
longer have the patches you submitted), then the best way to re-submit
them is just cherry-picking the patch in question (./logerrit
cherry-pick 1533), and then when you git commit -a --amend && ./logerrit
submit it, gerrit will notice the existing Change-Id line, and update
the existing patch.

The other possible approach is to work on a branch, and don't delete
your work till it's not merged, so you can just switch back to the
branch and git commit --amend and submit again. (If you choose this
path, have a look at git-review, it nicely integrates with this
workflow.)

Miklos