[PUSHED 4.0] LATE FEATURE: Personas in LibreOffice

Stefan Knorr (Astron) heinzlesspam at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 03:52:39 PST 2013

Hi all,

so, some of you know, I have soem reservations about this feature...
be that as it may, I have a small number of comments still:

* there are some spelling/grammar errors:
** the button for selecting the background image has the word "Backround" on it
** the window for Select a persona has the sentence "Find persona you
like" on it – lacks an "a" before "persona"
** also in that window: "Then copy the URL of page [...]" – lacking a
"the" before "page"

* I fear that enough people don't know what "URL" means, may I propose
"web address" as a more accessible replacement?

* What is the difference between "default persona" and "no persona"
(currently, at least)? I would remove this option until we decide we
want to ship a persona by default.

* Downloading personas appears to be synchronous, leading to visible
UI lag and Windows adding "(doesn't respond)" to the titlebar of the
LibO window with my (admittedly somewhat slow (1000 Mb/s)) connection
speed – it would be much better to make this ascynchronous.

On 9 January 2013 09:54, Petr Mladek <pmladek at suse.cz> wrote:
> Hmm, it does not show the saved url in the options dialog. Instead, it
> shows URL template (http://www.getpersonas.com). I wonder if it is a
> feature.

I agree that it would be nice to see the name and URL of the current
persona somewhere, though not necessarily in the Persona Selection
dialogue itself. I guess the name could be on the preferences page,
e.g. directly after the "use own persona" option. Not sure about where
to put the URL...

Astron.