FYI: Make for faster windows build

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Thu Jan 10 05:14:37 PST 2013

On Thursday 10 of January 2013, Noel Grandin wrote:
> I think the WINDOWS32 #define is for building a "native" windows binary.
> (There is also stuff in there for building under AmigaOS and DOS, the
> gnumake code is pretty grotty)
>
> The cywin stuff is probably using a #ifdef CYGWIN.

 I don't see anything cygwin-specific there, except for handling the cygwin
shell. And I expect the WINDOWS32 code should work just fine for cygwin make
as well.

> You can't use the Win32 API as-is under cygwin, because you need to call
> cygpath() on the path argument first to convert from the cygwin
> filesystem structure to the Win32 representation.
> i.e. from "/cygdrive/C/libo" to "C:\libo"

 I have not done this, apparently make always gets windows paths when building
LO, or does somebody have a problem with this (builtins have "(Built-in)"
prefix when doing verbose make)?

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak at suse.cz