Need confirmation about non-clearing of Character Styles

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Thu Jan 10 05:25:30 PST 2013

On Thu, 2013-01-10 at 10:55 +0100, Fernand Vanrie wrote:
> Sinds all or editors use LO 3.6.2 (before OO3.3)
>
> We have complains about the fact that parts of the text, who are
> formated with a Character Style, can not been "cleared" to
> no-formating,
> not by "Clear Direct Formating (cntrl+M)"
>
> There is a dirty work-around by applying the "Default" character style
>
> Paragraph Styles can been cleared....
> Is this intentional behavior or a regression open for a issue ?

My understanding is
a) that its intentional, see
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/ooo-build/2010-February/000540.html
and the commit
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=6e690e0909459d46c53d17e7939891abea11e566
b) that "paragraph styles" are not cleared, i.e. the text should remain
using the original paragraph and character styles, but any additional
properties applied on top of that is reset to the underlying paragraph
and character styles properties.

C.