Doing massive source changes

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Thu Jan 10 08:46:35 PST 2013

On Saturday 05 of January 2013, Michael Meeks wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-01-04 at 15:12 +0100, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> 	Having said that - it is something we really want to do; can we drop
> the published easy hack bug in this regard (or just close it) to avoid
> the drip of patches there ?

 I'm not aware of any easy hack specifically for this, people simply do it as
a part of string cleanups.

 And note that this is not the only case where it's possible to do the change
as one big patch. I think it might be possible to e.g. get rid of all
CONSTASCII macros in one go as well, or convert OSL_DEBUG, and so on. Unless
we want to stay with those things forever (which I hope we don't), they will
be eventually cleaned up one way or another.

> 	I suggest we do it at a similar time to Norbert's onegit - ie. around
> the 4.0.2 release or so - when the cross-branch cherry-picking starts to
> reduce in frequency.

 Ok, it can wait for a while.

--
 Lubos Lunak