Need confirmation about non-clearing of Character Styles

Fernand Vanrie sos at pmgroup.be
Thu Jan 10 09:34:53 PST 2013

Caolán ,

thanks for the background and your atention to this problem

OK but ...its still very confusing for most users

they can clear all "direct formating" in the right place, the formating
menu

they can clear "Paragraph formating" produced by a style using the
Formating Toolbar option
why can they not clear Character formating produced by a style ?

+ there is no logic behind the clearing options
when using the formating tools in the "Formating Toolbar" we can use
  "Clear Formating" who clears the Paragraph format  who is actualy
setting the slected text  to the "default" paragraph style
we can also do exactly the same by applying the  " Default Style" to the
selected text

so i suppose we need to change  the Formating Toolbar "Styles dropdown"
- the existing option named "Clear Formating" has to name "Clear
Paragraph Style Formating"
- a extra option named "Clear Character Style formating"  (who infact
also will clear the Hyperlinks)

Greetz

Fernand