[libreoffice-dev] - Scalc extension ported to accept data over socket

Rai, Neeraj neeraj.rai at citi.com
Fri Jan 11 16:06:25 PST 2013

Hi All,

I was able to extend the earlier simple extension using Scalc.java ported to C++ , with a lot of help from all of you.
It now accepts data over socket from a standalone uno client (based on examples/cpp/remoteclient.cxx)
I have used the osl::socket for communication. There is a macro startThr that starts accepting connection and another macro to stopThr.
Sample application connects multiple times and sends row+col, followed by data elements (int).
The sample application accepts row , col size and then loops to accept the data elements. For the same 60K test size that I tried within extension, this takes ~400ms.
This is good for my purpose, though I am sure the ninjas can speed it up considerably by using better cache aligned structs and batching.

I just wanted to put this out there as a smallest sample alternative to interprocess communication that I initially used (rejected for slowness).
I want to thank you all for the support in helping me speed it up.

Neeraj