[libreoffice-dev] - building difficulties with C++ extension, addIn

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue Jan 22 05:43:28 PST 2013

On 01/09/2013 11:28 AM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> Thank you for taking the trouble of making your Calc addin example work.
>   The SDK is indeed an area that could benefit from more maintenance
> help, lots of the documentation goes stale over time etc.
>
> That said, I'm not sure we'll improve the overall situation by adding
> more examples directly to the SDK.  The content of the SDK is backed by
> module odk in the core LO git repo, so the example code ends up in the
> core repo, where greps and wholesale code-cleaning activities (like some
> EasyHacks) stumble upon it, modify it, etc.  But due to the awkward way
> the SDK needs to be set up for use (another area that would benefit from
> additional help), those examples do not routinely get tested (e.g., are
> not compiled and run during a build, not even a "make check" one).
>
> Therefore, I wonder whether it would not make more sense to have some
> place of its own for such additional examples to reside in, like in a
> wiki or some repository similar to LO's extensions and templates sites.
>   I'll see to get that issue addressed and come back here.

So we decided to create a new git repository sdk-examples to host any
additional examples for the LO SDK.  To check it out, use

   git clone https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/p/sdk-examples

and see the top-level README file.

I seeded the new repo with Neeraj's CalcAddinCpp example from this mail
thread.  Feel free to contribute many more.

I also added a link to this new repo to the SDK's top-level index-html,
and it should show up at <http://api.libreoffice.org/> once we
regenerate those HTML pages from more recent odk sources (which we
should do for LO 4.0 anyway; see
<https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/1808/> and
<https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/1809/> for requests to backport that
new link to libreoffice-4-0 and -3-6, resp.).

Stephan