"Need help for "Bug 59397 - UI: Use more precise wording at 'Find & Replace - More Options - Styles' "

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Thu Jan 24 04:03:51 PST 2013

On Sun, 2013-01-20 at 23:51 +0530, Vishv Brahmbhatt wrote:
> I am planning to create a separate CheckBox(with modified Text) for
> "calc" ,similar to which is defined in the src file and  then create a
> function similiar to aLayoutBtn in this cxx file and make necessary
> changes at the change line mentioned below.Is this the correct
> approach or some other approach possible?

You've got two possibilities.

Either:
a) in the .src add another CheckBox with the different string at the
same Pos and Size, so they are both in the same place, and set them both
to "Hide"
b) in the .cxx add another CheckBox where aLayoutBtn appears, and do the
same thing to it as happens to aLayoutBtn, you need to set the same
ClickHandler on it.
b) then in the code where currently there is aLayoutBtn.Show/Hide then
toggle on bCalcApp vs bWriterApp which one you want to set to visible

Or:
There is also the option, which is potentially a little easier in this
case because b) above is a lot of work in the old .src-using dialog
code, to instead add a String resource to the .src with the alternative
title and just call SetText(THE_CALC_TITLE) on the existing CheckBox if
you need the non current-default string. e.g. see STR_WORDCALC in
that .src and aCalcStr in the .cxx for an example of something like
that.

C.