[libreoffice-dev] - libreoffice 4.0 - waiting on multiple sockets

Rai, Neeraj neeraj.rai at citi.com
Fri Jan 25 15:01:59 PST 2013

Hi ,

I have an extension that is communicating with a a standalone shared lib running via uno exe. I start a background thread in scalc and use osl::socket (client/server) to pass data.
Q1. I need multiple scalc instances to connect to this uno exe. Is there a way to achieve "select" or "epoll" functionality in osl::socket
Q2. I tried to use plain socket in uno shared lib but the scalc extension did not respond. Then I tried compiling scalc extension using plain sockets but had compilation issues.
        It seems the bind/listen etc are renamed in sal layer.
        If I intend to restrict my extension and uno server to linux, is there a work around to use plain sockets ?

Thanks
Neeraj