code pointer for #fdo67040

Tommy barta at quipo.it
Fri Jul 19 04:59:27 PDT 2013

On Fri, 19 Jul 2013 13:37:50 +0200, Tommy <barta at quipo.it> wrote:

>>> two things could be done:
>>> 1 (easiest) - make the "replace" field larger and symmetrical with the
>>> "with" field
>>
>> GLADE_CATALOG_SEARCH_PATH="workdir/*/CustomTarget/extras/source/glade"
>> glade cui/uiconfig/ui/acorreplacepage.ui
>>
>> and look at the "general" page of origtext and newtext and change the
>> "width in chars"
>>
>> (or just edit the xml directly with a text editor and search for 30 and
>> 20)
>
> got it. it seems a very easy modification...
> just one information what does those numbers exactly represent? digits
> or pixels or something else?
> actually in LibO 4.0.4.2 the "Replace" field can contain 19 visible
> digits, whilst the "with" field can contain 39...

just tested a recent LibO 4.2 alpha version and I see that the "replace"
field width automatically enlarges itself if you enter long strings (it
does it within certain limits... did not count exactly but it cab almost
reach the double of its initial width), so somebody already did some
changes in the behaviour of that GUI in LibO master.

now I'll look if such changes are already part of 4.1.x branch, while I
confirm that in the current 4.0.x branch the width is fixed