Embedded DB Selector (was: Re: Firebird .odb for testing)

Andrzej Hunt andrzej at ahunt.org
Tue Jul 30 03:38:16 PDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I've now implemented an embedded db selector -- the patch is in gerrit
( https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/5199/ ), screenshot attached
(excuse the ugliness -- there are some strange interactions between LO
dialogs and my KDE going on which hide about half the dialog content,
meaning I have to use the generic vcl plugin for now).

It currently defaults to whichever database is set as default in
dsntypes.cxx (for the moment still HSQLDB but I guess we'll change that
to firebird once it's stable).

Would it make sense to eventually store whichever db was last used to
use as the default for the next time? I think it would also be useful to
add more information on the choice of db to the dialog (i.e. "use HSQLDB
if you need to be compatible with older versions of LO, otherwise use
Firebird" etc.)

W.r.t. to the naming in the list box: this is set within the Drivers.xcu
of each relevant driver, and can be changed there as needed -- I'll
probably change it to be "HSQLDB Embedded" + "Firebird Embedded".

Cheers,

	Andrzej