Doubt about OpenSymbol and Math

Marcos Souza marcos.souza.org at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 15:20:56 PDT 2013

Hi LO guys,

Some after looking at all Math bugs(I looked at AOO bugs too), I saw
something interesting:

About 30 % of bugs are about Symbols. Someone asking to put new symbols,
another guys asking about a "Symbol manager" to add new symbols by UI
and more.

So, I saw this commit of Olivier:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=15f5d766837329baa8deff31e9da33cef87f7a98
adding new symbols...

So, this is a "little unfriendly" way to add new symbols :)

My questions are: How can we manage this, there is another way to add
new symbols? This OpenSymbol is still necessary? Can we change this to
another fonts, like XTIS or another?

Thanks since now!

(If I said something wrong here please forgive me, I'm trying to help ^^')