Direct csv import into Base table

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Thu Jun 6 03:03:51 PDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 03, 2013 at 04:24:51PM -0400, Dan Lewis wrote:
> On 06/03/2013 03:59 PM, Zolnai Tamás wrote:
> >2013/6/3 Dan Lewis <elderdanlewis at gmail.com
> ><mailto:elderdanlewis at gmail.com>>
> >
> >    On 06/03/2013 06:05 AM, Zolnai Tamás wrote:

>>           I'm working on a new feature in Base again. It's just a
>>        little user helper feature to make available the direct import
>>        of an csv file into table, without open Calc and copy&paste
>>        the content from it to Base.

>>    (...) the Base wizard. It seems like what you want to do could
>>    be made part of this wizard. At least this makes more sense to
>>    me since it is creating or modifying a database.

>     So my suggest is to include your proposal as a four part for the
> base wizard which would become create new database, open existing
> database, connect to database, or modify a database by adding a CSV
> file as a table.

It does not make sense to me to put it in this wizard. This wizard
does not (and will not) handle other "modifications to an existing
database", such as e.g.:

 - adding a table to an existing database
 - adding a column to an existing database

IMHO "import table from CSV" should be UI-wise close to "create new
table".

--
Lionel