[GSOC]Firebird Integration Weekly Update 01

Andrzej J. R. Hunt andrzej at ahunt.org
Sun Jun 16 12:56:21 PDT 2013

Hi everyone,

(This is mostly duplicated from other threads, and written for
summarisation/completeness.)

This week's progress:

- Integrated libatomic-ops into LO (firebird dependency).
- Firebird now integrated into gbuild -- at least on Linux.
(Not currently usable, still need to look at which files need to be part
of the install & possibly paths to be set -- should be fairly simple.)
(Windows build still needs work to successfully complete.)

Next week I'll try to sort out the installation details to make sure
that the internal firebird is usable, and then continue work on the
Windows build.

In related news:
Javier Fernandez and Andres Gomez of Igalia have been working on the
actual firebird-sdbc driver itself (using an external firebird
installation). It should hopefully be able to run with the internal
firebird once I sort out the installation details (it currently fails,
since the necessary files aren't installed as expected). I'll start
contributing to that once I have all the build/installation details out
the way.

Cheers,

    Andrzej