odd "rGlyphData.ExtDataRef().mpData != Format::NONE" (vcl/headless/svptext.cxx)

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Thu Jun 20 08:38:11 PDT 2013

On Thu, 2013-06-20 at 16:15 +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> that might either be a bad way of checking
> rGlyphData.ExtDataRef().mpData is non-null that just happens to work out
> as intended, or might be a broken attempt at checking that
> rGlyphData.ExtDataRef().meInfo is not Format::NONE.
>
> Anybody an idea what might be the better interpretation?

I rather suspect that either is equivalent, I'd vote for meInfo is not
Format::NONE to match the new SvpGcpHelper condition.

But, can you see anyplace where meInfo *or* mpInfo is actually
set/changed away from the ctor defaults of 0, 0. i.e. is it the case
that all the conditionals off ExtGlyphData are constants. And I can't
see anyplace where that pGcpHelper gets deleted (in the normal
condition). The ServerFont::SetExtended call doesn't seem to actually do
anything either.

It seems to me that it would make more sense to me to remove the
SetExtended stuff, and replace that call with an assignment to the
ExtDataRef of that newed pSvpGcpHelper and then make the original above
change.

C.