cross-compiling and python

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Tue Mar 5 05:11:37 PST 2013

Hi Matúš,

Matúš Kukan píše v Út 05. 03. 2013 v 13:12 +0100:

> I should have express myself better. This is not only about cross-compiling.
> The problem is that for build platform you don't want to build pyuno
> and all the other things. You only want to be able to execute python
> when building. But configure checks for python >= 3.3 for no good
> reason I hope.
>     checking which Python to use... system
>     checking for a Python interpreter with version >= 3.3... none
>     configure: error: no suitable Python interpreter found

Having had a look at what is the python needed for during the build, and
it seems to me that it is only because of filter/source/svg/js2hxx.py .

Actually, this script is only there to be able to include
filter/source/svg/presentation_engine.js into a header file which we
then link to the code, and later just dump it again when exporting
presentation as svg.

So - I think best would be just to bundle presentation_engine.js to the
LO installation, and modify SVGFilter::implGenerateScript() [from
svxexport.cxx] so that it only reads presentation_engine.js from the
disk.  You'd kill the python-during-build dependency, and additionally
make the .so that contains it currently 500k smaller ;-)  How does that
sound?

Regards,
Kendy