gnumake module deps ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Mar 6 02:48:40 PST 2013

On Wed, 2013-03-06 at 10:34 +0100, Eike Rathke wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2013-03-05 18:36:48 +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> > 	http://users.freedesktop.org/~michael/module-deps.png
> > 	http://users.freedesktop.org/~michael/module-deps.graphviz
>
> So that's how it might look like, I always wondered ;-)

	;-> well - it's at least a slightly more readable picture than if you
include all the implied deps too. Having said that - IMHO we could
significantly improve the generated graphvis still.

	I'd like to collapse end-nodes that have identical dependencies into a
single large / verbose list node eg. the localedata cluster, or the
"epp, eps, ept, epg, eti ..." filter stuff around svx that bloats us
sideways un-necessarily.

	Similarly for the 'pure' UNO components at the bottom of which there
are quite a lot (encouragingly).

> I suggest we print a final version (I know there'll never be such thing)
> with our logo on 1m x 4m foil for events like FOSDEM, Hackfest, ...?

	Heh - lets debug it first - David has some good points I think; and of
course the mechanism used also elides all the external dependencies from
cluttering the place up [ they're prolly less interesting to new
developers I suspect ].

	Anyhow - IMHO it's only a reflection of the great gnumake work :-)

	All the best,

		Michael.