compilation failure on centos 6

David Tardon dtardon at redhat.com
Wed Mar 6 22:29:51 PST 2013

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 06, 2013 at 12:02:01PM -0500, Neeraj Rai wrote:
> VERBOSE=TRUE seems to help with verbosity.
>
> #4  --enable-verbose is aborted with "unknown option"

Matúš was not clear on this, but --enable-verbose is configure argument,
i.e., it should be passed to ./autogen.sh .

> #5I noticed "-j n" option is ignored by build. It took 149min on centos 6
> as opposed to 240min on RHEL 6 last time I tried (few weeks back), so  I am
> not complaining at all.
> Just an observation that the subprocess below shows -j 1 even though parent
> had -j 5

The default parallelism value is detected by configure. It can be
overriden either by passing --with-parallelism=5 to ./autogen.sh or by
using

make PARALLELISM=5

. Note that you _should not_ use parallelism if you have make 3.81,
because it is prone to crashes.

D.