Compile error in salgdi2.cxx on linux with -Werror

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Mar 8 03:03:14 PST 2013

Hi there,

On Fri, 2013-03-08 at 08:27 +0100, Jean-Noël Rouvignac wrote:
> I am getting a compile error on linux because I am using -Werror.
> See down below:

	I've pushed a fix; 0 or None I guess would be fine, also worth noting
that it was a false positive warning. Anyhow thanks for the report.

> Also why is all the code not currently compiled with -Werror?
> Is it because it would slow down the build? Or is it because
> there are false positive warnings?

	Some tinderboxes do that; however some backends simply can't be
compiled without warnings currently eg. the KDE ones and gtk3 - as such
it's not yet possible to use -Werror - and mandating it tends to lead to
very avoidable first-time-builder frustration in my experience :-)

	ATB,

		Michael.