Missing service SvgWriter - forgotten when rebasing with AOO

Dan Lewis elderdanlewis at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 05:56:44 PDT 2013

On 03/07/2013 11:47 AM, Noel Grandin wrote:
> how about you give it a try and ask back here if you have difficulties.
>
> On Thursday, 7 March 2013, Fernand Vanrie wrote:
>
>     Michael ,
>
>     OK ,  but we need SVG and a working Native mySQL connector :-)
>
>     so: any news about a volonteer to compile Connector for 4.0
>     (windows) ?
>
>     Greetz
>
>     Fernand
>
>         Hi Fernand,
>
>         On Thu, 2013-03-07 at 08:45 +0100, Fernand Vanrie wrote:
>
>             any change the SVG stuff and this repairs happens also for
>             later 3.6
>             releases ?
>
>                 That seems unlikely; one reason is that I'd expect the
>         SVG code to be
>         significantly different for 3.6 :-)
>
>                 HTH,
>
>                         Michael.

      What good will it be to get a volunteer to build a mysql connector
for 4.0 if the connector can not be build? There are problems on OS X
and LInux because of changes made in autogen.sh. This needs to be fixed
first before finding a volunteer.
      Until recently, this is used to configure the connector:
./autogen.sh --enable-ext-mysql-connector --with-system-mysql.

      In the last couple of days, this has been changed (without
seemingly any documentation on this mailing list) to:
./autogen.sh --enable-ext-mariadb-connector --with-system-mariadb.

      One other problem in building this connector that did not exist
prior to the change from mysql to mariadb: autogen.sh does not find the
installed version of mariadb. This also prevents building the connector.
      This is the output containing the errors:

checking whether to build the MariaDB/MySQL Connector extension... yes
checking which MariaDB to use... external
checking for mariadb_config... no
checking MariaDB version... ./configure: line 21356: --version: command
not found
./configure: line 21357: --version: command not found
./configure: line 21358: test: : integer expression expected
configure: error: too old, use 5.0.x or 5.1.x
Error running configure at ./autogen.sh line 201.
      It appears that this problem should be corrected first before
trying to build the MariaDB/MySQL connector.

--Dan