gnumake module deps ...

David Ostrovsky david.ostrovsky at gmx.de
Mon Mar 11 15:52:04 PDT 2013

/>>/  http://ostrovsky.org/libo/lo.graphviz
/
>	Nice - then again, it looks a little different ( I rather preferred the
>library graph - it seemed simpler - can we have an option to print that
>out as well ?).

May be i am missing a point why do you prefer the library graph...
anyway added the option:

--preserve-libs
-p      Don't collapse libs to modules

>I suspect that if we instead of do the create_lib_module_map higher up:
[...]
>Then we might get a more precise redundancy pruning & hence prettier /
>more minimal graph again. There are other examples of deps that jump out
>eg. slideshow->cppcanvas->canvas and also direct ->canvas etc.

Indeed, missed it. I put it in the wrong place in the pipe line.
Fixed now:

slideshow->cppcanvas->canvas
and *not*
slideshow->canvas

I did also some refactoring: not matched libs are dropped now;
or do you want an option here --preserve-not-matched-libs? ;-)

The result - now it fits on A3:

http://ostrovsky.org/libo/lo.png

Well, we can certainly add even more features, like add soft (include only) dependencies, external modules,
"print children or parents only from module foo" - feature, or even create an interactive web page
based on ds3.js ...

David