[4.0] Calc+Base fail without registry/writer.xcd from Writer package

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Thu Mar 21 06:55:37 PDT 2013

On 03/20/2013 05:45 PM, Andreas Radke wrote:
> We are running in a bug with the current package file lists making Calc
> and Base to fail to load without having Writer installed. Check
>
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/34332 and
> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/34378.
>
> It turns out that Calc and Base now need
> /usr/lib/libreoffice/share/registry/writer.xcd present on the system.

soffice.bin failing early with "terminate called after throwing an
instance of 'com::sun::star::uno::RuntimeException'" when there is no
share/registry/writer.xcd smells like
configmgr::Components::parseXcdFiles (configmgr/source/components.cxx)
throwing because another share/registry/*.xcd file contains a

   <dependency file="main"/>

The only such file I could find is share/registry/librelogo.xcd, for the
LibreLogo feature introduced in LO 4.0.

And indeed, at least with the "official" generic Linux downloads from
<http://www.libreoffice.org/download> libobasis4.0-librelogo-4.0.1.2-2
(containing share/registry/librelogo.xcd) only depends on
libobasis4.0-core01 but not on libobasis4.0-writer.  I'll see to get
that fixed.

However, for the two archlinux issues mentioned above, I would assume
that this things are packaged differently there, and
share/registry/librelogo.xcd erroneously ends up in some core package?
Which would make those issues downstream ones.

Stephan