need help with shell / configure

Mat M matm at gmx.fr
Sat Mar 23 13:25:37 PDT 2013

Hello

When working on it, I found that:
AC_PATH_PROG(BASH, bash)
if test -z "$BASH"; then
     AC_MSG_ERROR([bash not found in \$PATH])
fi
AC_SUBST(BASH)

and then,
$ git grep BASH
bin/bash-completion.in:@BASH_COMPLETION_SUFFIXES_CHECKS@
bin/bash-completion.in:@BASH_COMPLETION_OOO_APPS@
bin/generate-bash-completion:    if ($line =~
m/\@BASH_COMPLETION_SUFFIXES_CHECKS\@/) {
bin/generate-bash-completion:    } elsif ($line =~
m/\@BASH_COMPLETION_OOO_APPS\@/) {
config_host.mk.in:export OOO_SHELL=@BASH@
configure.ac:AC_PATH_PROG(BASH, bash)
configure.ac:if test -z "$BASH"; then
configure.ac:AC_SUBST(BASH)

and

$ git grep OOO_SHELL
config_host.mk.in:export OOO_SHELL=@BASH@

So, is it still useful or could we remove BASH check and OOO_SHELL as well
?

I'll wait for your reply before submitting.

--
Mat M