[comment] Init: Added new file IRenderer.py

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at suse.cz
Mon Mar 25 05:41:19 PDT 2013

Hi Javier,

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 01:03:59PM +0100, Javier Fernandez <javier.fgb at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25/03/13 12:17, Miklos Vajna (via Code Review) wrote:
> > Miklos Vajna has posted comments on this change.
> >
> > Change subject: Init: Added new file IRenderer.py
> >

> > Patch Set 1: This need some tweaks before it is merged
> >
> > (1 inline comment)
> >
> > Also, the commit message only describes what the commit does (adds a new file), but it does not say why it does so, or how to test it. Without that, it's hard to review the patch. :-)
>
> Well, actually, I'm not sure whether I would like to see the patch
> merged now; The patches I've sent now are just the initial
> implementation of the python port from java, somehow, the minimum
> required to have a "launchable" wizards.
>
> I just wanted to have something to start discussing the best way to
> implement the functionality, since the java style has some issues that
> could be done in a better way in python.
>
> Actually, I have a bunch of additional patches to be applied on top of
> such initial implementation.
>
> Sorry if that's not the best way to proceed, but I just needed a remote
> branch to let somebody review it and continue integrating further changes.

As long as the changes are just adding new files (one new file /
change), I think it's easier if you just push a single commit (adding
all new files) for review. Also, gerrit is primarily for patches that
are to be merged -- if these are draft patches, a prefix like [draft] in
the commit message's first line or something similar would be helpful.

Thanks,

Miklos