crash in headless/hidden mode when loading fdo#61305-1.docx

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 30 06:59:21 PDT 2013

Hey Stephan, *,

while looking through the "false positives" of my current test document run
I found one nasty issue that is related to running in headless/hidden mode.

Opening fdo#61305-1.docx with the script results in an exception thrown
from Canvas::initialize that results in an abort in SvxShape::GetBitmap
because it has an empty exception specification. From what I can see this
is the result of the new style uno services used there and I suspect that
the behavior in Canvas::initialize changed with that. The line that throws
the exception is:
ENSURE_ARG_OR_THROW( bHasXRender == true, "SpriteCanvas::SpriteCanvas: No
RENDER extension" );

Do you have an idea how to fix this? I sadly have no clue about canvas or
the new style uno services so I'm a bit lost here.

Regards,
Markus