Killing the gerrit to dev-list spam ...

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Wed May 1 16:18:14 PDT 2013

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 3:33 PM, Bjoern Michaelsen
<bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com> wrote:
> depending on time of day you find 50-90% patch mails on [the dev list]
> As the writer of
> mail forward I have been repeatedly asked if we can kill this spam.
>
> I fully agree with this sentiment -- the dev-list should be taylored to be
> inviting to a wide audience of volunteer contributors and not only to those
> hardcore contributors who are full-time sponsored developers.
> So, is there anyone who is _not_ a sponsored developer opposing to kill the mail
> spammage? If so:

+1

Speaking as a non-core dev, I would very much appreciate this change.
I try to keep track of what's happening on the dev list, and mail from
gerrit drowns out the rest of the messages. Splitting the mail from
gerrit off into a separate list sounds like a reasonable solution.

--R