Killing the gerrit to dev-list spam ...

Matteo Casalin matteo.casalin at yahoo.com
Thu May 2 01:47:16 PDT 2013

Hi,

On Thu, 02 May 2013 06:58:50 +0200
Jean-Baptiste Faure <jbf.faure at sud-ouest.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Le 01/05/2013 21:33, Bjoern Michaelsen a écrit :
> [...]
> >
> > So, is there anyone who is _not_ a sponsored developer opposing to kill the mail
> > spammage? If so:
> >
> [...]
> >
> > Opinions?
>
> Even if I am able to filter gerrit mails, I agree that a separate
> gerrit-patches mailing list would be better.

I also use filtering provided by my email service provider (previously, by my client) and I find this sufficient, so I would just suggest people to proceed this way.
If we feel it is better to switch to digest or separate mailing list, I would prefer the latter: I think it should be easier to implement (the guys working on Gerrit already did a great work!) but, most of all, I would still be able to see all of mail organized in a "thread per issue" way, which is very useful and provide a quick overview of what is going on.

Cheers
Matteo