Ultra-slow JunitTest_sc_unoapi

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at suse.de
Fri May 10 09:59:31 PDT 2013

Hi Stephan,

On 05/10/2013 08:30 AM, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 6:57 AM, Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com
> <mailto:sbergman at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     FYI, at least with my recent master --enable-dbgutil builds (on
>     Fedora 18), JunitTest_sc_unoapi seemingly takes forever (but
>     eventually does finish).  It looks like Java test code calls a
>     ScCellRangeObj::doImport where that ScCellRangeObj's
>     aRange.aEnd.nRow = 1048575 is pretty large, leading to ~endless
>     ScDocument::Broadcast work.
>
>     Maybe related to some of Kohei's recent work on sc broadcasting?
>

> Probably. I'll take a look at it today.  I didn't think I'd changed
> the previous broadcasting behavior, but obviously something has changed.

This commit should fix it.
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=5441e509f87c96ca36913bd443152adbb8ad2c98

We were indeed over-broadcasting on cell range deletions.  With this
change, only the deletion of non-empty cells will get broadcasted which
matches the original behavior before my rework.

Thanks for discovering this.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice Calc hacker, SUSE.