Polynomial and moving average regression lines for chart

Tomaž Vajngerl quikee at gmail.com
Mon May 27 07:41:20 PDT 2013

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 12:05 PM, Markus Mohrhard <
markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hey Tomaž,
>
> We can try to find someone doing the work in glade so that it would be
> just adapting the code which I can quickly do if necessary.
>
> The same code is used in 2 different dialogs - trend line for all data
series and trend line for a particular data series. Also I have a feeling
that if we convert this one dialog that we would need to convert the others
also.  But anyway - this is not a priority for me now.

> I will do but chart is a bit special. There should be no changes to
> published interfaces in com/sun/star/chart and all changes should be
> made to the unpublished ones in com/sun/star/chart2. This means in
> your case that you must duplicate some of the exisiting enums into
> chart2 and extend them there.
>
> Ah I did not see that there are two interfaces. OK I will leave everything
in com/sun/star/chart as it is.

> As mentioned above com/sun/star/chart should not be changed even with
> our relaxed requirements for API changes. All the changes for charts
> should go into chart2 as the old chart API is stable, used outside of
> LibO and on its way to become deprecated. However this also means to
> adapt the corresponding import/export code as it surely uses the chart
> API and not the new chart2 API for this feature.

As far as I saw xlsx and xls are using chart2 API so no problem here, but
"xmloff" is using the old chart API - this complicates things. :(

> I'll have a closer look later today.
>
> Regards,
> Markus

Regards, Tomaž