[GSOC Introduction] Implementation of an iOS remote control for LibreOffice

Siqi LIU me at siqi.fr
Mon May 27 22:07:51 PDT 2013

Hello everyone,

I'm more than excited to learn that my proposal for LibreOffice has been
accepted for GSOC 2013! So first, thank you all for your support and trust
you placed in me!

As I have proposed in my proposal, I will be working on an iOS app that
will be working with LibO Impress for presentation control. It would be a
WiFi-based remote control, making best use of the current server-end
implementation for its Android counterpart.

During the first part of the development period, I will be essentially
developing the app with an iPad, and the iPhone UI will be tested within
the iPhone simulator. So I might need help from the community to get
real-world feedback on the iPhone UI once all basic functionalities become
stable and tested on iPad. I will keep you updated here on the mailing list
and let you know should I need your help with respect of this. I will be
focused on finalizing the tentative application architecture with
the guidance of my mentor, Tor Lillqvist, with whom I will be constantly
discussing about the project progress in the course of this summer.

Some background information in case of need: I'm currently a second year
engineering student in France majored in Computer Science. I will be based
in France during this summer and I can be at +33761169583. Besides, I can
also be reached on the LibO IRC channel during this summer (nickname:
"siqi") or by email: me at siqi.fr. Project progress will be updated on
blog.siqi.fr. It will be up during the next week (proudly powered by a
Raspberry PI! ).

I have already studied the current Android implementation and the
server-end protocol so I'm expecting to submit my first lines of code next
weekend.

All the best and thank you again for your trust in me!

Cheers,

Siqi