[gsoc2013] Welcome & congrats!

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Tue May 28 03:59:59 PDT 2013

Hi Efe,

first off, congrats for being accepted to LibreOffice GSoC 2013, we're
happy to have you! :)

So now is the time to get a fresh master build, and start hacking. One
part of this is clearly to gut the old options of too detailed stuff,
the entry point to start is cui/source/options/*,
cui/source/options/treeopt.cxx being the outer wrapper.

We'd then stick some 'advanced' button there, that opens a dialog akin
to firefox's about:config page, and lists options in a more
unstructured way than the previous option tabpages. This is best done
in C++ as well. ;)

Let's hash out the details on irc in the next days.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten