oox service mess

Noel Power nopower at suse.com
Thu May 30 09:21:46 PDT 2013

On 30/05/13 16:49, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> Before
> <http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=8ada1cd2846e5e60ad63250c68ddea3a9356546f>
> "move excel related oox bits to sc," the following six UNO service
> implementations were listed in oox/util/oox.component, included in
> oox_component_getFactory (source/core/services.cxx), and implemented
> in the oox library:
>
>> oox::ole::WordVbaProjectFilter,
>> "com.sun.star.comp.oox.WordVbaProjectFilter"
>> oox::xls::BiffDetector, "com.sun.star.comp.oox.xls.BiffDetector"
>> oox::xls::ExcelFilter, "com.sun.star.comp.oox.xls.ExcelFilter"
>> oox::xls::ExcelBiffFilter, "com.sun.star.comp.oox.xls.ExcelBiffFilter"
>> oox::xls::ExcelVbaProjectFilter,
>> "com.sun.star.comp.oox.xls.ExcelVbaProjectFilter"
>> oox::xls::OOXMLFormulaParser, "com.sun.star.comp.oox.xls.FormulaParser"
>
> However, with that commit (making its debut in LO 3.6.0, it appears):
>
>> oox::xls::ExcelFilter, "com.sun.star.comp.oox.xls.ExcelFilter"
>
> is now correctly listed in sc/util/scfilt.component, included in
> scfilt_component_getFactory (sc/source/filter/excel/xestream.cxx), and
> its implementation moved to the scfilt library.
yay I got one right :-)))

>> oox::xls::OOXMLFormulaParser, "com.sun.star.comp.oox.xls.FormulaParser"
>
> is erroneously listed in sc/util/scfilt.component but not included in
> scfilt_component_getFactory (sc/source/filter/excel/xestream.cxx); its
> implementation got initially moved to the scfilt library, but has
> since been removed as it was unreferenced.
intentional ( at least from me ) I doubt we want to do formula parsing
over uno ( I think Kohei would agree )
But whats the question here? are there still references to these strings
( in some registry file or something ) or are you just wondering why
they disappeared ( hopefully entirely )

>> oox::xls::BiffDetector, "com.sun.star.comp.oox.xls.BiffDetector"
>> oox::xls::ExcelBiffFilter, "com.sun.star.comp.oox.xls.ExcelBiffFilter"
>> oox::xls::ExcelVbaProjectFilter,
>> "com.sun.star.comp.oox.xls.ExcelVbaProjectFilter"
>
> are all suspiciously neither listed in sc/util/scfilt.component nor
> included in scfilt_component_getFactory
> (sc/source/filter/excel/xestream.cxx), but their implementations were
> initially moved to the scfilt library and have since been removed as
> they were unreferenced.
well for sure ExcelVbaProjectFilter should be dead and gone, the others
well I would bet they were only used by the biffdumper ( which more than
likely was not completely removed when the commit above was first pushed
) And...  that was a quite a large commit and I would ( naturally ) have
been a bit cautious about removing some things that I was unsure were
still used or not. If they were subsequently removed because they
'really' weren't used then that is good right? Personally I wouldn't
spare a thought about the disappearance of any of the above

>> oox::ole::WordVbaProjectFilter,
>> "com.sun.star.comp.oox.WordVbaProjectFilter"
>
> appears to have been removed for good, neither listed in
> sc/util/scfilt.component, nor included in scfilt_component_getFactory
> (sc/source/filter/excel/xestream.cxx), nor has its implementation been
> moved to the scfilt library.
ditto, goodbye, good riddance

> Can anybody shed light on which parts of this were intentional and
> which were accidental damage?
As long as no one else cares than all gone and intentionally so, but
where's the mess, I didn't find any leftover references ( admittedly I
only looked at the first few mentioned above )

Noel