oox service mess

Kohei Yoshida kohei.yoshida at suse.de
Fri May 31 05:05:07 PDT 2013

On 05/31/2013 07:32 AM, Noel Power wrote:
> Seems there is only one ( the oox one ) which takes care of namespace
> ""http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/excel/formula" Is it possible
> then that we can have microsoft formula saved in ods ?
Yes. I believe the kind of ODF 1.1 that Excel exports in fact contains
Excel's own formula expression syntax with Excel's own namespace. I
remember Daniel Rentz was working on supporting its import. Not sure
whether he actually finished it or not before the Oracle team disbanded.

> But.. the ScParserFactoryMap/Pool stuff seems to provide some
> extensible way of mapping specific parsers, no idea if this is really
> needed or not ( I guess Eike/Kohei ) would know.
Eike would, I wouldn't. ;-) I have no clue why it's even there.

Kohei