Extensions no longer registered in master Linux 32bit

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue Oct 1 00:21:48 PDT 2013

On 09/30/2013 07:56 PM, David Tardon wrote:
> Extensions are created as .oxt archives during build. They must be
> unpacked into the installation tree; the old installer handled this
> through the infamous ARCHIVE flag in scp2, but gbuild does not do that.
> When we replaced ARCHIVE by FILELIST half a year ago, I briefly
> considered updating the extension handling stuff too, but it would have
> been a nontrivial change with a high probability of regressions for a
> minimal gain, so I decided not to.
>
> Anyway, there is just 2-3 of them, so you can unpack them by hand if you
> really need them (that was necessary in the dev-install times too, for
> rebuilds, so there is no big change).

Especially as long as we have extension minimizer as a bundled extension
(rather than as plain core code) that is included by default, I think we
should make sure it properly ends up in instdir, so that any tests run
against instdir can be confident to test the real thing.

Also, the more we move away from scp2 and to generating installation
sets directly off instdir, at one point in the future we'll want to have
the files to package up available in instdir anyway, no?  (But yeah, I
don't really feel competent to do any necessary gbuild changes; also see
my other mail.)

Stephan