interactive debugging of unit tests with Visual Studio

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 2 08:32:45 PDT 2013

Hey,

so I managed to get our unit tests directly working with Visual Studio last
night. You can force Visual Studio to start similar to how we start gdb by
setting CPPUNITTRACE=""full_path to devenv.exe" /debugexe".
In my case it is something like:

In old builds you can have the same by setting GDBCPPUNITTRACE. This starts
Visual Studio and instead of the normal Attach To Process you can start the
test directly. For me with Visual Studio 2012 everything worked immediately
and you see an new terminal window with all the output.

This is now advertized in the text after a test fails and I hope it is one
step more to make working on Windows easier. Maybe this would also work
with debugging soffice.exe.

Regards,
Markus