Test failure

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.co.uk
Wed Oct 9 00:38:00 PDT 2013

Hi Siqi,

On Tue, Oct 08, 2013 at 08:27:46PM +0200, Siqi Liu <me at siqi.fr> wrote:
> That is, whenever we reverse the hex value (the expected value) for the
> unit test, the actual value coming out of the test is surprisingly reversed
> as well!! Which I failed to explain...

We have a relatively detailed description of the sw filter test
framework at:

http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/sw/qa/extras/README

I guess the issue you hit is that there is an input document, it's
imported, the result is tested against the reference values (1), then
it's exported, imported again and tested a second time (2).

If you only change the exporter and that makes (2) fail; you can't just
change the reference values, because then (1) will fail.

In other words, if you think you need to swap a pair of color values in
the exporter, you probably want to swap them on the import side as well,
otherwise funny things will happen. (The pair will be swapped or not
swapped, depending on if the "save ID" of the save is an odd or an even
number. :) )

The import side of all this is here:

http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/core/oox/source/vml/vmlformatting.cxx#692

Hope this helps,