Test failure

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.co.uk
Wed Oct 9 07:44:21 PDT 2013

On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 05:32:18PM +0300, Tor Lillqvist <tml at iki.fi> wrote:
> But we already have other tests that cheerfully flash windows on and
> off for several minutes when one runs  "make" on Windows and OS X.
>
> Or maybe it's only for "make check"? I don't remember, I nowadays tend
> to do "make check" whenever I build after some significant amount of
> changes anyway. Anyway, I don't think a few more such tests would
> hurt.

Right, make check has already this problem, that's the reason e.g.
Norbert's Mac tinderbox doesn't run checks AIUI.

> Maybe those Writer test should be moved to be done only for "make
> check", and enabled for all platforms?

My fear is that ATM if one of those Writer filter checks got broken,
tinderboxes go red, we spam committers, and that's annoying enough that
the problem gets fixed ASAP. For 'make check', this is less true. (I
imagine people who run 'make check' are the same ones who use dbgutil
and werror. :) )